Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday, June 21, 2008
Vacation! Current mood: quiet
We left for Pensacola yesterday at 11am and finally arrived at 7pm. It took a little longer than usual since we stopped longer than we normally would. The days of getting in the car and stopping once for gas & potty are over now that we have a child MJ did really really well in the car, if I must say so myself. She got cranky one time when she was SO tired and didn't want to just give in and fall asleep, little stinker! Anyways, it feels so good to be down here with my family knowing that we don't have a thing that we HAVE to do for the next 10 days. YIPPEE!
Tonight we all loaded up and went to look at a house my bro-in-law found on the net. (they have been house hunting for about a year now!) Well, they didn't like what they saw but continued to drive around the town. They happened to see a realtor putting up a for sale sign in a neighborhood and she actually showed them around the house, since it was vacant. It is a really nice house and would be perfect for them and is the perfect price! They are discussing it tonight and may put in an offer tomorrow! SO EXCITING for them! Their first house It is a great starter home with 1800+ square feet and a nice yard. I really hope that it works out for them, they have been looking for so long. It is hard to find a house down here because of the cost of house insurance if it isn't built in the past 4 years. I wish we could transplant our house down here.....we could make a nice chunk of change. *sigh*
We will be coming home on July 1st, but if they get the house we may be coming back sometime in July to help them move
Update on MJ.....she is doing really really well! Learning new things every day and developing her personality....and her temper! I love it though. I have been teary lately when I think about what she has been through. I thought it was kind of ironic on June 19th. We drove to Florida on that day. One year ago, June 19th, 2007 MJ was re-admitted to Lebonheur and that marked the beginning of her hospital stay for 6 months straight. A year ago we didn't know if we would be going on vacation for a long long time and if we ever got to go, would we have our precious daughter with us? The 19th was a joyous day for me, but I couldn't help but cry. God has been so good, and I am so undeserving. Even since we have been home I have not gone to church like I should, but I will start. God has been so gracious and awesome in my life, there is a reason in all of this.
Well, I stayed with MJ while everyone went to eat seafood. I hate to disturb her sleep schedule and she went to sleep between 7 and 8, not exactly the time to be taking her out to a restaurant. I want a happy baby tomorrow, not a crabby baby I can't wait to see her reaction to the beach! I think she will like it, but I have lots of diversional activities for her, just in case she doesn't!
I am going to go check on her and give her some mommy sugars. Those are the best I hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: