Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday, July 09, 2008
An overdue update! Current mood: blah
Things are going ok in the Wiles household. It has trully been a really busy summer so far and it doesn't look like it is slowing down anytime soon!! We went to Florida for 11 days and stayed on Pensacola Beach in an awesome beach house with my entire family. It was gorgeous every day except for one. MJ seemed to like the water, alot. At first we sat her in the sand and let the tide come up on her....she wasn't too sure what to think about that We bought a kiddie froggie pool and put some water in it for her under the giant umbrella so that she wouldn't get too hot and burned. She loved it!
While we were there, my sister and brother-in-law found a house to buy! The market in Florida sucks right now because of the hurricanes etc. so I am glad that they could find a house! They are hoping to close next Friday, if they do, me and my mom and MJ will head back down there to help them move and get settled in.....and maybe go to the beach again That is if I can switch my days at work around.
MJ's health seems to be doing ok. She is getting in to everything and showing me her personality more and more each day. She has to go to LeBonheur in the morning for a cardiac MRI. The MRI itself is not a big deal, but they have to give her general anesthesia and put her on the ventilator to control her breathing and hold her breath for her in certain parts of the test. The results of this test will show us how much time we have until we need to go to California again. I have noticed that she breaths a little harder at times, but then again she is crawling around a lot more as well and using more energy. She is still fed by G-tube (lots of people have been asking me about that lately?!) but in the past week or so, she has actually let me put some baby food in her mouth without her immediately trying to throw it up. She also swallowed some gerber graduate puffs!! She coughed, but at least she didnt puke them up!!! She STILL isn't in any therapy. I have been calling TEIS every single day and leaving her coordinator messages. They have until Tuesday to call me back or else I am leaving it up to her pediatrician to get her in therapy. I am so aggravated because it has been 6 freaking months since I called them to refer MJ. That is entirely too long! I hate the state of Tennessee when it comes to having a sick child. The just SUCK.
If MJ's health remains good, Steve and I are going on a cruise in January with some friends from work. We had planned on taking a cruise each year to celebrate our anniversary and of course last year didn't happen, but hopefully Jan 09 we will be gone! I don't know how I will handle being away from MJ for 7 days, but we need a vacation together....away from all of the stresses of life.
Hopefully I will be able to upload some pictures of our vacation and the 4th on here. Today I am busy cleaning the house top to bottom. BTW.....just have to mention this and see if it is crazy to anyone else but me. Apparently yesterday I left my wallet at Target. I checked out and paid so I must have either left it at the register or it fell out of MJ's diaer bag in the buggy. Well, I didn't even realize it until they called today letting me know that they found it. So, I told the girl that Steve was in town today running errands and that I would like for him to pick it up and she proceeded to tell me that she couldn't give it to him. Only me. I told her that I had to have my wallet tomorrow because it has MJ's insurance cards in it and that I couldn't get to Target today because Steve has the car seat and was like 5 minutes from target. She continued to say that she couldn't give it to anyone else. I offered to tell her everything that was in the wallet, my SS number (since that card was in there), I even told her my driver's license number?!?! AND They called my house number.......obviously I am who I say I am if I can rattle all of that information off in twenty seconds. I was so frustrated with that stupid woman. Finally she talked it over with another manager and decided that Steve could pick it up if he could show ID that he was who he said he was and prove that we live at the same address. For crying out loud! This incident and their return policy are pretty close to making me not want to shop there.....but I love their stuff! Grrrr.
Please, if you think of it, say a prayer for MJ tomorrow. I know that she will do just fine. The only thing that will stop the MRI is her throwing up. Her reflux has gotten so much better over the past 2 months. However, whenever she is cutting teeth (which is like every other week) she will throw up for 3-4 days and then be fine for a week and a half with no throw ups. Well, today she threw up once and usually that means that tomorrow she will start the non-stop throwing up. I sure hope not because I have been dreading this test and just want to get it over and done! Say a little prayer
Well, the dishwasher is done, so I need to get the kitchen finished up! I hope everyone is doing well.
Much Love,
Bethany

No comments: