Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday, July 16, 2008
My little one is not a baby anymore.... Current mood: chipper
I think today I finally realized that Macy Jane is not a baby anymore, she is now a toddler. The past 13 months has flown by, even though the first 6 months seemed SO long when actually going through them. Today, we put her carseat in the forward facing position, which officially means that she is a big girl now. She's been over twenty pounds since her birthday in May, but I wanted to make sure with her pediatrician that it was ok to change it.
Speaking of which, today was her checkup. It was during her checkup that I realized that she isn't a baby. Every doctor's visit up until now she hasn't minded if doctor's take the stethescope out and listen, or shine that big light in her ears, or stick that wooden thing down her throat. However, today she screamed bloody murder at all of the above. YAY. Not only did we scream, but we threw everything around us in the floor. On purpose. A temper tantrum?! From my sweet little MJ? Absolutely. Even her cry is different. It is so "big girlish" sounding. She is also just lots of fun these days. It seems like she is a sponge soaking up every noise, light, object, etc. She trully doesn't miss much!
She has now graduated to GoodStart 2! Yippee for her. Even bigger news, she ate 3 or 4 bites of mashed potatoes the other night!!!!! Like she actually kept them on her tongue and swallowed them. NOTHING was on her chin or her shirt. GO MJ! We have been working very hard with her daily trying to get her to eat. I think she is more receptive now to things with tastes and textures being in her mouth than ever before. You parents out there that can just pop a bottle in to your babies mouths or a spoon of food don't know how fortunate you are I would give my right arm if MJ would like to eat orally. I know that she will eventually get there and I will be there every step of the way cheering her on.
Her hair has become quite the challenge lately. I need to just cut the back of it to get the frizzy ends off of it. The front is bizarre as well. I am trying to grow it all out so that it will be one length but her bangs are always in her eyes. She's always had enough hair for hairbows, but for the past few months she takes them out and eats them or throws them down. I tricked her and put the bow on the opposite side but after a few days she got smart to me. However, I guess I should be grateful that she has a head full of hair and isn't bald!!! Also, I would like to know what color it is finally going to be. There is one patch that is really blonde, then the rest of it still has a red tint to it and then on the top it is really red. At what point is it all going to blend?! I think she will always have a little red in her hair, at least I hope she does.
Steve and I went to Wal-Mart after MJ's appointment for our grocery run. It was actually pretty enjoyable! I think it is the first time that we all three had ever been to wal-mart. However, by the time we made it to the grocery side I made an interesting discovery. I asked Steve if he thought that we would be the type of parents that let our child get a toy every time she went to the store with us. He looked at me and laughed because in our buggy was a giant ball that Steve wants to teach her to roll to him, a smaller ball that she can actually pick up and throw, and a few other little toys. God help us! She doesn't even ask for them yet and we buy them. Oh-well......we have fun doing that sort of stuff for her and with her. Something I thought was funny. We went down the aisle with deoderants on it and I had her stroller a little close to the shelf. I wasn't paying attention and before I knew it I heard some grunting and the stinker was halfway out of the stroller picking up a can of aersol deoderant. Silly girl. One of these days she is going to pick up something and I am not going to notice it until the security people at the door ask me about it. It was the child......honest!
Well, me and mom and MJ (and maybe my brother) will be headed back to Florida next week for about a week. My sister bought the house and they close on Friday!!! We are going down to help them move and get things settled in. That should be a lot of fun. I wanted Steve to go but there are 3 shifts that he can work extra so he chose to stay here. The money will be nice I guess.....to send to bills. Bleh!
Well, it is almost midnight and I don't feel well. I have a sore throat and just feel lowsy. I think MJ has something as well because not only is she teething but she also has a snotty nose and her eyes are watery looking. Please say a prayer that we will be better tomorrow!!! No more doctors and hospitals please!!!
Much Love,
Bethany

No comments: