Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tuesday, October 02, 2007
A break from Updates for a change! Current mood: calm
I think I mentioned in a previous post that Steven bought me a Paula Deen book that is all about her life. I recommend that book to those people out there that love southern women and cooking southern dishes. She is absolutely hilarious and if I ever get out of this hellhole aka California I hope to someday visit her restaurant "The Lady & Sons" and "Uncle Bubba's" in Savannah Georgia. Her recipes are soo yummy too.
I also would love to share this recipe that my sister gave to me over the weekend, that we tried and LOVED.
Spread a package of softened cream cheese in a 9x13 pyrex dish. Shred about 4 chicken breasts on top of the cream cheese, add about a cup of hot wing sauce (any brand will do, depending on your favorite--ours is Hooters Hot Wing sauce sold at Wal-Mart and Kroger), on top of the sauce add an 8 ounce bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, and then top the dish with lots of monterrey & colby jack cheeses. Bake it in the oven for 30 minutes on 350 and enjoy with your favorite chips. This dip is SO yummy!!!
I also have another book to recommend. It is called "Beneath a Southern Sky" by Deborah Raney. EXCELLENT book that I read today. I will just tell you a little about it. Basically a young woman and her husband are missionaries to a tribe in the jungle around Columbia, South America. Her husband is a medical doctor and is summoned to go to another village a couple of days away in a boat ride to help the people that are dying of an unknown illness. Well, days and weeks go by and no word from her husband. Finally word comes from the guides that her husband has been killed in a fire. Devastated she comes back the USA to live and discovers that she is pregnant with her dead husband's baby. She gives birth and meets a man at her workplace. Eventually they get married and have a baby. During her pregnancy, she receives a telegram that said that her husband Nathan had been found alive and would be returning to the states in a few days!!!!! Here she is thinking that her 1st husband is dead and she has remarried and is having another baby and her 1st daughter calls her 2nd husband daddy because he is the only one she has ever known. She has to make a decision of which man to stay married to!
I cannot imagine being in that situation!!! Gosh to have to choose between your 1st and 2nd husbands, loving both of them equally?!!! I think I would just, well I don't know what I would do! I highly recommend the book and I didn't give away a lot of details...basically just said what was on the back cover.
I am at the hospital still at the clock says 0326. I am listening to the ever constant beeping of the heart monitors. This is the ONLY hospital I have ever been in that turns the monitors on to wear each beat of the heart is turned in to an annoying beep on the monitor and there is a different noise for the oxygen saturation pulse! It sounds like someone is running a barcode over the scanner at walmart about 160 times a minute. Multiply that times 4 babies with each baby having 2 different beeps. I am going to hear these beeps for the rest of my life I think. I definately will NOT miss those annoying sounds
When my sister was in town, we went to Target and I finally found a Tinkerbell scrapbook that was big and a smaller one. I have been searching since before MJ was born for a TB one that was big and cute. I can't wait to get home and make a little extra money (extra money would be me actually going to work hehe) so that I can go to a scrapbook store and buy lots of cute scrapbooking stuff for little girls. Oh and develop the pictures that I have of MJ. I must have 1000 by now :) I STILL haven't received our professional pictures that we had done at the end of August. Hopefully something hasn't happened to them. As soon as MJ is all better, I will be taking her to a place in the mall called Lasting Impressions to have some REALLY good pics made. My friend Micah took her 2 year old there and got some really good pics for a pretty decent price.
Can you believe that no place around here has free wi-fi that is actually any good? So therefore I am not able to post pictures. I may email them to my sister and ask her to put them on my page and then I will rearrange them like I want. That's a good idea that I just had :) Hopefully she will be able to do it.
Well, that is all for now. I wanted to blog about something other than health information. Be sure to make that dip.....I promise it is very yummy!

No comments: