Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tuesday, October 30, 2007
EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Current mood: scared
OH MY GOSH! We just had an earthquake about an hour ago. A 5.6 one!!! We are ok, just freaking out a little bit. I never ever ever want to go through that again. I was in the kitchen at the RMH and had just finished dinner when I felt the floor shaking. I looked at the asian lady next to me and said "are you feeling that?" She started shouting "Oh shit oh shit! What are we going to do?!" I don't know how long it lasted it seemed like a minute at least. The house manager came running through telling us to all leave the building immediately. I jumped in the car and came straight to the hospital. I was calling my mom at the hospital to make sure that they were ok. Everyone is doing fine, our nerves are just kind of shocked. It's like Ok, God.....how much more stress can we handle?!!!!
In other news. We are not coming home this weekend. Her white count is 23,000. Her sternal incision looks infected a bit it is really red and swollen so that is probably the culprit. We are unsure what the plan is right now, the docs will let us know in the am. She was supposed to go the the cath lab in the morning to have her IV taken out, but they will probably leave that in now to give her antibiotics. That is just my opinion.......seems to be the smarter thing to do. She still has her sutures in (every other one) and they are taking them out in the am regardless. She has gotten so much bigger that they are kind of growing in to her skin but they don't completely remove them until it has been 14 days after surgery. I am hoping that once they take them out, her incision will start to look better. Just pray that maybe we can be home at the end of next week.
Say a prayer for us that we aren't shaken into the ocean I hope that there aren't any aftershocks because I don't ever want to go through that again. Hope everyone is doing well!
Much Love
Bethany

No comments: