Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday, January 18, 2008
My New "Life" Current mood: breezy
Tomorrow is a big day. It is the first time that I will take Macy Jane in the car by myself to visit a friend that lives 35 minutes from my house. To say the least, I am extremely nervous about this adventure, but feel that it is the right time to do this. For some of you wondering what the big deal is, the big deal is that she throws up rather violently at times without much warning, we live in the boonies with a strip of pavement and then ditches--no emergency lanes--etc. If I can just make it to Hwy 385 (20minutes from my driveway) I will be in the safe zone to where I can stop. She is in her stretch of good days right now where she does not throw up a lot. I need to get out of the house and enjoy those days when they come around once every couple of weeks.
The next big adventure is Saturday night. She will be staying with my parents at their house for the first time. While I am sure that I will quite enjoy a full night's rest, I am going to miss her. Saturday is Steven's birthday and I would like to be able to go on a date to the movies with him after we eat dinner with my parents. Sunday we will go to church and then for supper.....Texas de Brazil. He really really wants to go there! We will pick MJ up after that. I am not sure I can go 24 hours without seeing her!! I never have in my life. I think the most has probably been 16 hours and that was because she was in surgery. *Breathe* I know everything will be okay though. I trust noone more with my child than my parents. Besides, when I return to work my mom is going to watch MJ for us and I was thinking the other day, who could be a better person besides me and Steve to watch her? Noone (except maybe my siblings!) My mom and dad really work with MJ and do "therapy" with her to help her get stronger. They are like a version of us
In other news.....I am now 10 full days in to Weight Watchers and I have lost 6.4 pounds!! To say that I am excited is an understatement. Of course a lot of that is water weight, but I have worked my butt off at the gym the past week and it is nice to know that it pays off on the scales. I have completely changed the way that I eat, but it was really minor changes. The main thing was eating when I was hungry (NOT stressed or tired) and eating lower calorie foods. I still cook the things that we have always eaten, just with better ingredients. Me and my mom went to Sam's and Kroger the past 2 days and bought some stuff for weight watchers recipes that I have never even heard of or know how it tastes, but I am willing to try! I joke with my sister because she text messages me every night asking what is for dinner and i always have an answer.....I didn't use to cook very much pre-weight watchers. Now we joke that I am "Betty Crocker the Weight Watcher" haha.
I am starting to not dread going to the gym anymore. It is not only a break from childcare and a chance to get out of the house, but also a great "make me feel good" thing. I usually do not get to go until after 9pm and by then the gym only has a few people in it. It takes me about an hour to an hour and a half, depending on how much I do. I take Sundays off though......gotta let my body rest sometimes! Some things that I do every night that I go are ride the go no where bike for 5 miles, walk at least a mile, and try to do 10 minutes on the ellipical machine......that thing kicks my tail. I alternate strength training on my upper and lower body 4 nights a week. I would eventually like to increase the time and speed on all of those machines, but I have to start slow so that I don't burn out the first few weeks. My goal is to lose 1-2 pounds a week, preferably 2. We'll see.
Well, it is late and I need some sleep. I hope that everyone is doing well!!!!
Much love,
Bethany

No comments: