Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday, January 24, 2008
Random Current mood: annoyed
Taking MJ with me to my friends house turned out to be an okay outing! She did great in the car. She was silent the entire time (getting more and more rare these days!!) and played with her toys. More importantly, she did not throw up in the car. However, she threw up before we left and again at Micah's house....but that is perfectly fine!
She did great at my parents house as well, in fact.....she has been there since Saturday. I feel like a horrible parent, but then again I have to listen to the advice that I have been given. This has been the first break that I have had really in the past year to just de-stress and relax a little bit and be "carefree" if there is such a thing. Steve and I desperately needed this little breather to regroup. I took MJ to my parents Saturday afternoon and stayed with her until about midnight, then on Sunday morning I went over there and stayed until Steve and I went to dinner. After dinner, I just spent the night at my parents house because by the time I was ready to leave, I was too sleepy. Monday, was the monthly dinner with the girls from work so I stayed at my parents all day until dinner and then returned after supper to play with MJ. I went home early Tuesday morning (like 1am!) and mom was supposed to bring MJ home later Tuesday since it was raining when I left.
However, mom had some carseat trouble and didn't feel comfortable taking MJ until my dad looked at it. That was Tuesday night when they got that squared away. Unfortunately, I came down with a nasty sinus infection and cough. I have been very protective of Macy Jane and do not allow her around sick people if at all possible (her doctor's don't even let her sit in the waiting room for any amount of time), so I thought it best that MJ stay with my parents until this crap starts to go away. Thankfully one of my doctor friends called me in some meds this evening, so that saved me some $$$. THANK YOU!!!!
I feel bad because I miss my girl SO much! I am going to my WW meeting in the morning and then going to mom's so that I can at least see her. I can't go another day! I think I will be better by Friday so that she can come home then. I hope anyways!
Tomorrow is my 2nd weigh in at WW. I always get so nervous because the scales have never been my friend, ever. They were last week, but this week I had to use a few of my weekly extra points (Texas de Brazil is the culprit!) so I don't think I will have the same results. My goal is to have lost at least 2 pounds this week and then from here on out my goal is 1-2 pounds a week. At least that is what is considered healthy long term weight loss goals. We shall see.....So far I have enjoyed following my points etc. I am very commited to it and it is teaching me to start having some discipline that I very much lacked.
I was doing various exercises at the gym, but after talking to a lady at work I decided to just stick to walking for a solid hour 6 days a week. In doing so, I usually burn 450 calories and get 3+ miles in. My goal is to eventually be able to do 4 miles in an hour without stopping. I still use the weights for toning, I just gave up the bike...it didn't burn very many calories. I am also eventually going to incorporate the elliptical machine as well.
I am starting to seriously think about going back to work. March is the month I would like to return, but that depends completely on how MJs cardiologist visit goes on the 6th of February. I know now that MJ will do just fine with my mom and dad for the 2 and 1/2 days I will work and it really makes them happy to be able to keep her....without me there They have a little more freedom then haha. I just miss everything about nursing. The Lord will open the door and show me when it is the right time, I am sure of that.
Hmm...what else?........I hate it when people copy me over and over and over and over. It is happening a lot lately and it just grates on my nerves! It used to not bother me, but for some reason now it just does. I know that I can look at it as people like my ideas and I should feel good about that, but after it happens so many times it just gets plain OLD. Be creative and stop copying me I don't even know if the people that are doing it read this, ,probably do so that they can get my ideas....if not at least I could vent and get that off of my chest.
I guess that is all for now. I cannot wait for spring to get here. I was looking at my flower beds the other day and can't wait to get out there and make them look nice again! I also look forward to taking MJ outside and letting her experience grass and birds and SUNLIGHT, the park and long walks with mommy! Ah....just a few short months.
I hope that everyone is doing okay!
Much Love
Bethany

No comments: