Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday, March 16, 2008
Tada! The long awaited blog is here. Current mood: anxious
It has been such a long time since I have blogged, I just haven’t had the time. We have all been busy taking MJ to her various doctor’s appointments the past month and going out of town. Hopefully I can start blogging more because it is therapeutic for me.
The most recent news, which most of you know if you ever see my mood updates or got a text from me, is that Macy Jane is a very sick little girl right now. PLEASE remember her in your prayers and that we can keep her out of the hospital. Tuesday we had to take her to her follow up appointment with her GI doctor about her reflux. We were in the office for almost 3 hours. In the waiting room there were tons of kids, it was hot, and very cramped in there. I just got the feeling that the office was not very clean. Tuesday night when I put her to bed, she coughed once and it sounded wet. I told Steve that I hoped that she wasn’t getting a cold. Wednesday she was very sleepy all day and started breathing a little faster than normal. Thursday morning I woke up and she was burning up! Temp was 101.5 and she was breathing 60+ times a minute. I called Dr. Frizzell and he wanted to see her right away. They did a CBC and a chest x-ray and they both came back normal. He gave her a shot of Rocephin and started Amoxicillin and wanted me to call him Friday morning with an update. Friday morning she was acting like she was feeling better so when the doctor called me I was happy to report that she was feeling better.
Well, Friday night she started breathing really fast and hard again and something just told me to watch her closely. We went to bed, she started screaming. That lasted for 5-10 minutes and she finally passed gas and stopped. However, her lips were blue and she was very dusky in her coloring. So, at 3am we packed her up and drove like a bat out of hell to LeBonheur. They immediately took us back and started their eval. To make this long story a shorter one, they were talking about having to put her on a ventilator if she tired out from breathing fast, that’s how bad she looked. She got stuck a total of 10 times, they never could get an IV in her and barely were able to get enough blood for her labs. The RSV & Flu tests came back negative and all of her blood work looked normal. They diagnosed her with having a really bad virus. By 8am she was playing and cooing/babbling just like her old self. We were released because she looked so much better, but last night she started getting worse again. She is breathing hard and fast again, although she isn’t turning blue, (if she were we would be at LeBonheur ) and sounds awful. I went to wal-mart and got a vick’s cool mist humidifier and some baby vapo-rub and started those. She woke up a little bit ago for the first time today (she has woken up today, just didn’t stay awake) and played with a toy and coughed up some mucous. However, she is still breathing really hard.......I hope that it is related to her cold and not her arteries stenosing. I have been thinking about that, but I do not think that it would come on all of a sudden like that.
Anyways, she just needs lots of prayer to get her over this virus. She is going on day 4 of it. Maybe tomorrow will be the breaking point. Her entire head was drenched in sweat a few hours ago, so we are hoping that her fever broke. Her last temp was 98.9 rectally....yay! That is the lowest it has been since Thursday.
In other news about MJ. She has her heart cath on April 3rd to evaluate how things are doing. (that is if she isn’t sick then!) It is the standard 6 month post-op check. If things look okay she shouldn’t have to have another one until she is double the size that she is now. Speaking of, she was up to 18 pounds 2 ounces, but since she has been sick she has lost down to 17 pounds 14 ounces. Not too bad!!!
I have been doing weight watchers for 9 weeks now. I am down 28+ pounds and 2 clothing sizes.....yay!!! It is honestly the easiest weight loss attempt that I have ever done. I still get to eat my favorite food (mexicano)!!! I have not been able to exercise at the gym in a couple of weeks, but the pounds are coming off still. Hopefully once MJ gets over whatever she has, I will be able to get back in to my routine. I lost a lot of inches by walking and would like to get back to doing my hour walk 6 days a week.
Last weekend we went to my brother and sister-in-laws house in Springfield, MO. We left on Thursday night, which is the night that the snow was supposed to hit Memphis. We were about 15 minutes from Hardy, Arkansas in the mountains when it started snowing.....heavy. A few minutes later we were climbing the mountain and saw traffic was stopped. Apparently a semi slid off the road and the mountain was shut down until the snow plough could clear the roads. Almost 3 hours of just sitting on the mountain. Finally we were moving at a turtle speed trying to make it out of the mountains without sliding off of it. Our 5 hour trip turned in to an 8 and 1/2 trip!!! We had fun once we got there though.
I still haven’t returned to work. Hopefully I will be able to in April or the beginning of May. I am not rushing it, obviously. I miss my job as a nurse, but know that I will be able to return when it is the right time. I have been doing a lot of thinking about returning to Baptist. I would love to be able to work at the same place as Steve, but at the same time....I like the ICU at Baptist. I don’t know......I am still praying about what to do.
Only a few more months and we will be vacationing in Florida! Our little family, along with my sister and Heath, brother and Mandy, Dad & Mom, and Aunt & cousin are renting out a house on Pesacola Beach for a little over a week!!! I am SO excited and ready for some sun. I missed last summer completely (minus leaving the hospital for a few hours at a time a few days a week) and am ready for the heat. I am also excited about staying in the house. Every time we go down there as a family we always rent a condo, but this time we have our very own massive house. Hope the weather is pretty!
I am attempting to put a picture of the house....if it doesn’t work, so sorry
Well, I should get going. It is almost bedtime and I have a 2 hour long Dentist appointment in the morning. Bleh! Hopefully it won’t be as long next time I update!
Much Love,
Bethany

No comments: