Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Ho ho hum Current mood: contemplative
Here I sit....at 1:45 in the morning. I wish that I could go to sleep, but my body loves to stay awake until the sun comes up. I need to get some sleep because I have to weigh in at Weight Watchers in the morning, and everyone knows that if you don’t go to bed, you will weigh more in the morning. Can’t have that happening!!!
I spent the last hour reading the blog of a lady that has a baby with exactly what MJ was diagnosed with. After reading it, I am so thankful to have been blessed with Macy Jane and it is so obvious to me the thousands of ways that the Lord has protected her. There are so many things that could have gone wrong and so many what if’s and when’s for the future, but God knows the plan and I just have to trust Him. I am starting to get nervous about the heart cath on the 3rd.
I have to take the car to get the oil changed after my WW meeting tomorrow. Bleh! I would rather be poked in the eyes with a bunch of needles than to have to go through that. I am doing it though so that Steve won’t have to drive to Memphis on Friday just to do it and waste the gas! Even though we get good gas mileage, nothing is good when gas is this expensive.
Macy Jane seems to be getting better every day. Tonight she is breathing almost back to her normal baseline. The rate is back to normal, but she is still using her stomach muscles a little bit on expiration. She sound sso much better when she coughs and today she has coughed up a lot of junk. She hasn’t thrown up in almost a week now, how amazing is that? Speaking of...I weighed her today on the scales that I rent from the hospital and she has gained a pound in a week! She is up to 19 pounds now and is looking like quite the chubby checker. She is still short....27 inches, but there isn’t much hope for her considering that both Steve and I are short. She has the tiniest feet as well.....she still wears size 1 shoes/maybe size 2 in some styles. However, she is outgrowing her 9 month sleepers. I can’t wait for it to be warm, she has a closet and dresser full of cute little spring and summer outfits.
A few days ago me and my mom took her for a walk in the stroller during the days that it was warm so that she could get out of the house and hopefully the jostling in the stroller would loosen up some mucous. She seemed to really like it so I am looking forward to taking her outside a lot more and going to the park :) I just thought about a swing set. We will have to get her one eventually!! Ahh....so many things to look forward to.
Well, I guess I should try to get some sleep. Continue with the prayers. My mom is really sick with what MJ had and sounds awful. I have a sore throat big time and my ears are stopping up, but I do not have time to get sick. My princess needs me There just isn’t anything quite like a mom. They are pretty much the only person a sick child wants, sorry dad! (lucky maybe?)
Much Love,
Bethany

No comments: