Friday, March 21, 2008

Friday, March 21, 2008
Thursday Current mood: bouncy
It has been one week since I had to take Macy Jane to the doctor. WoW! What a week it has been. I don’t know if it is the same with all heart babies or not, but when she gets sick with a cold, she gets SICK! Thank the Lord that her immune system is normal and she can fight this crap off. Today she has been her old self again, except for her breathing. She still has a cough that sounds pretty wet, but she has a snotty nose and is coughing stuff up. Pretty light green stuff She is so funny trying to "help" me use the bulb syringe to suction her boogies. She sticks it in the right place, just doesn’t know how to make it suck out the boogies. Anyways, me and mom took her to Wal-Mart today just to get both of them out of the house and she seemed to really enjoy it.
I found some really cute stuff to put in her first Easter basket and a cute basket....the last one in the store that wasn’t the boring old straw basket. I hope she is still feeling good so that we can celebrate Easter as a family. I was trying to get ideas for her first birthday, talking about presents here. What in the world do you get a one year old?! I saw a turtle sand box that would be really cute, but with a G-tube I am not sure that that is the best idea. I am going to ask the Pediatric surgeon that did her g-tube surgery when we see him next week. I saw a "girly" sand box somewhere a while back and I am trying to remember where. Oh-well. Any ideas what to get? Obviously she will get a lot of developmental toys, but she also needs fun stuff. I am getting really excited about this birthday. It is going to be so special
Did I mention that she gained a pound in the past week? She has not thrown up one time in 7 days and with her being on 24 calorie/ounce formula....she is getting chunky. She is up to 19 pounds now!!! It was so funny in the store today, everyone that stopped to talk to her (which was pretty much everyone that saw her) said "Oh my she is a BIIIIG baby, so fat!" I just thought to myself....if you only knew what this little girl has been through to get here!! I am thinking however, that if she keeps with the not throwing up and gains another pound that quick, I may have to call Dr. Frizzell and see if we can cut back on the calories. That would save me from going through so much Goodstart each week as well
Tomorrow I am getting the oil changed in the car. I took it to Toyota today and the wait was 2 and 1/2 hours. No thank you! Buh-bye! Hopefully it won’t be backed up, but if it is that is ok because I am taking the laptop and my bills and sitting in their super nice waiting area and being productive. After that, Steve and I are going shopping for a new camera. Our nice camera somehow got broken. Casper.......he must be back at my house! I took some pics of MJ tonight with an old camera we had and boy do I miss mine. Hopefully we can get a good deal since our money tree doesn’t realize that it is spring yet and time to grow grow grow! Hopefully we can squeeze in a trip to the sushi bar....I am craving some Miso soup and some spicy tuna roll After that, hopefully we will have time to run by the mall with MJ for a special surprise.
I found an incredibly cute idea for her birthday cake tonight in a magazine at wal-mart. It was exactly what I had in mind. I have been interested is learning to decorate cakes for quite a while now and just never have gotten around to doing it. Actually, I am more in to decorating cupcakes than cakes. There are so many cute things to do to cupcakes and every kid loves them. I do not think I will attempt to make it for her birthday, but if I take the picture to Miss Muff’n in Germantown, she will make it for me and it will be perfect!! I am going to make a cupcake for MJ to to play with and hopefully eat I am crossing my fingers that she will be more willing to try tastes since she isn’t barfing all of the time. If not, she will no doubt have cake all over her and I will be able to get a picture of that.
Weight watchers went really well today. I am starting to get nervous because I have been losing on an average of 3+ pounds a week and I know that I am not going to be able to pull those numbers for much longer. My body will learn my tricks and refuse to shed weight. However, I hope I am being smart by not strenuously exercising right now. I figure that when I do hit a plateau, if I send my metabolism in to orbit by exercising, that plateau will not last too long. Hopefully I will keep losing like that.....if I do I will have all of my weight off by Christmas! That would be SOOO nice. I haven’t weighed what I weigh now since a couple of years ago. I still have a long way to go, but I am determined to get the weight off and keep it off. I already feel more healthy and can only imagine what I will feel like after I lose 102 more pounds. Hopefullly next Thursday I will have less than 100 pounds to lose. We shall see.
Well, I am going to try to upload a few pictures that I took tonight of MJ. We got her some new "spring" pajamas tonight that have a cupcake on them. (I think I am getting obsessed with the cupcake thing) I cannot believe this but they are size 12 months and they FIT! She isn’t even a year old yet and it seems like just yesterday she was 6 months old wearing 3 month clothing!!!! I told you she was getting chunky. I bought her an Easter balloon at kroger today and I had forgotten how much she loves balloons. At LeBonheur she had a big smilie face one that stayed at the end of her bed and she would just stare at it, then in California we had halloween balloons FOREVER and she liked those. She fell asleep tonight playing with the string...it was so cute to watch her. She was playing with it one minute, the next I looked over and she had put her own pacifier in her mouth and went to sleep with the string in her hand. Hopefully tomorrow night we can move from sleeping in the living room to the bedroom since she is breathing better.
I hope that everyone has a great Good Friday. Enjoy the beautiful weather!! I can’t believe how pretty it is. I feel so alive when the weather is nice like this and I can take MJ for our daily walks in the stroller. Ah.....the normal.....the simple life, for now.
Much Love
Bethany

No comments: