Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Wednesday, May 02, 2007
May 21st Current mood: happy
It is official ~ May 21st at 0730 is my scheduled c-section! Steven & I have to be there at 0530, fun fun, but it isn't like I am going to get any sleep that night anyways.
I went to my regular OB doctor today. Today was the day that starts the oh so fun of being "checked" each time that I go to the doctor. Macy Jane shows NO sign of trying to come early, thank the Lord. I haven't dilated, no thinning, she is still sitting in my lungs and not on my bladder. Her heart was beating nice and strong (and fast) when he dopplered that. The perinatologist hadn't faxed a report of my last ultrasound, so Dr. Wortham decided to do a biophysical profile to make sure for himself of things, and she passed with flying colors. However, I had not eaten anything this morning and MJ was still sleeping when they did the ultrasound. She MUST take after me because she was sooo hard to wake up in there. Usually she is bouncing all over the place. She finally woke up and rolled over from being stomach up to spine up. She is still able to do that because of my extra fluid. Trust me, this child is not lacking for space in there!!! We were able to see her intestines very well because they are full of poop already--haha. I thought that was kind of funny. She doesn't like to show her face or her heart, but she has no problem showing us her intestines. Gee.....thanks kiddo! So far, I have gained 20 pounds. Hopefully, that will come off rather quickly, even though my body shape is going to be forever changed from all of the extra stretching that is happening. Oh-well, that is life! I was talking to Steve this afternoon at lunch (mexican of course!!) and telling him that after I had our second baby and he got snipped () that I would like to get a tummy tuck because I am sure I will need one. Thank God he said that I could. Anyways........
I know I am going to be at Baptist Women's as a patient for at least 3 days, but I respectfully ask this. Monday is going to be a very stressful day for both Steven and I and also for Macy Jane with all of the tests etc. that she will go through and with me being sliced open. I would like for Monday to be a day that me and my family/best friends share together. However, there have been many many people that have told me that they want to come and check on us. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see people, but I ask that you wait until Tuesday to come. By then, hopefully life will be a little more calm and we will have more answers to questions that I am sure people are going to ask when they visit.
I have been staying at my parents house the past 6 days while Steve was working his 6 days on. Me and mom went shopping pretty much every day that I was off of work. We had so much fun together. We bought some adorable baby clothes at the Disney Store that were half off on the "no tax" day last weekend. My mom bought her a bunch of stuff in other places, when it comes to buying stuff for MJ, she just can't say no. I guess that goes with being a proud Nana.
Today though I went on a search (again) for a Glider Rocker. I looked at Babies R Us on Tuesday and the only ones that they had that were cherry colored were ugly and not comfortable. We tried Baby Depot because they advertised one on sale for $200. I sat in it and loved it. We ask the salesperson if they have any in stock or if we can order it and the answer was no to both questions. They stopped taking orders for people in January because people didn't ever pick up their merchandise. Ok.......why advertise something when you aren't even able to buy it? No other Burlington stores in Memphis/Southaven even carry them. I am pretty much over that store now and have no intentions of shopping there very much in the future.
Anyways, I went to other furniture stores today and this one saleslady told us to go to Classic Oak in Cordova because they had a beautiful cherry glider rocker that they just got in. We found it, and it was the most comfortable rocking chair I have ever sat in. However, it was super expensive and way more than me and Steve had budgeted to spend, plus the fabric on it was way too dark. My mom was with me and she sat in it and decided that I had to have that chair "to rock her grandbaby". So, we ordered it and the ottoman in the fabric that I liked. The best part is that mom is going to pay half so that me and Steve won't be going over our budget by very much. Thank God for my mom, she is the best All I can say is that that chair better last us at least ten years!!!
My sister in law sent me this awesome scrapbook type thing that she and my brother put together. Somehow they got all of the photos from my baby shower in March and added caption to them and organized them in a book. It is like looking at a catalog! They sent it off to something called My Publisher. Steve and I both love it. It is by far the most unique and unexpected thing we have received. She also included a cd of pictures that I can hopefully upload on to myspace in a little bit so check my page out later and I might have a new slideshow up.
I think that is all for now. I need to go and get caught up on some things since this is the first time I have been home in almost a week. Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: