Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday, December 10, 2006
Random Thoughts Current mood: sleepy
Steve recorded a 4 hour long movie about Princess Diana the other day for me, since he knows I liked to read/watch about her. I was off work tonight & Steve had to work, so I decided to pass the time watching it. I really enjoyed it, but it really made me stop and think about how blessed I am! I have a wonderful husband that doesn't just call me his wife, but his best friend. I can't imagine being in a marriage where there was no love or affection whatsoever. Just the other day for example: December 7th was our 11 month anniversary. I, of course, did not even think about it since I was focusing on the one year mark, but Steve did. In the wee hours of the morning on the 7th I got a text message at work from him saying "happy anniversary, check the glove box." When I got off work, there was the sweetest card waiting for me. I love little surprises like that, and thank God that He gave me such a wonderful husband!! These past 11 months have flown by and have been so awesome. Don't get me wrong, there are times when we both just need to "do our own thing" for a day so we don't kill each other, but overall it is much better than anyone ever told me it would be!
We find out the sex of our little one on January 3rd! I am so excited that I can finally call it a he or a she, rather than it. We've got the girl name picked out, but not the boy. Same thing for the nursery bedding as well.....I knew right away when I saw the girl bedding. If it is a girl, it will be easier just because we know what we would like, but for some reason I still want a boy......but I'll be perfectly happy with whatever God gives me. It really is just a preference to have the boy older and protective of the little sister, but it doesn't really matter.
I can't believe Christmas is 14 days away! I still have a ton of presents to buy for my family & friends. I am going shopping with my mom on my birthday to finish up my siblings and their spouses presents.......but I still have to finish Steven's & my mom's. I still don't have all of the ornaments on my tree! I have until Sunday though, that is when all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and parents are coming over to celebrate Christmas. I cleaned the house for a long time tonight to prepare for everything, as this week is going to be a busy one.
I work tonight (Sunday night), celebrating my birthday with Steve Monday night, shopping with mom on Tuesday morning, celebrating my birthday with my parents/Steve on Tuesday night, working wed/thurs night, dentist appt to get a crown placed on Thursday morning, a wedding to attend Saturday in Mississippi, and family Christmas party on Sunday. I am already tired and this week hasn't even gotten started I love this time of year though.
Well, I have one more load of towels to fold before Steve gets home from work, then I think I will be done! YAY. I love being married, but do not care for spending a few hours each week cleaning. Ohwell, such as life. At least he helps me do it!! Toodles

No comments: