Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Please explain! Current mood: frustrated
Would someone please explain to me how the United States Postal System & Government work? How is it that I mailed my passport name change on November 16th via certified priorty mail and they JUST got it on Monday? I mailed it so that it would have almost 2 months to be processed before we go out of the country. (even though it usually takes 6 weeks or less to process)
I just thought I would check on the status of my application this morning via the internet. It said in bold letters, scheduled to be completed on january 6th. Nope, not going to work considering I would be on my way to Miami by then! So I called. Supposedly they didn't recieve the application until Monday, two weeks after I mailed it??? To make this long story short, I now have to pay the stupid government $60 to expedite the application to have it within two weeks. Something that was supposed to be free (since I was only changing my name on my old passport) ends up costing. Ugh! The good news is that I should have it before Christmas, so I won't have to worry about it.
For those that don't know, Steve and I are flying to Miami on January 6th and then on the 7th we are going on a seven night cruise to the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, & St. Thomas--hence the need for a passport thanks to the new rules and regulations. We are supposed to be going with my friend Sarah & her husband John, so we are excited! This is kind of our last big vacation before the little one arrives, although I am sure we will go to Florida to visit my sister a few times before he/she arrives in May.
Also, anyone have any ideas where to find a maternity bathing suit in the middle of December? Haha. I have looked on line but don't see anything I like. Had I known that I was going to be pregnant, I could have bought some summer maternity clothes in the summer, but I don't have a crystal ball. I definately can't wear one of the ones I have already, cause they don't fit my ever growing belly. I already broke down and bought some maternity jeans cause my regular ones were so snug I must say they are very comfy though.
Alright this is long enough. I am supposed to be cleaning/doing laundry since I have to work tonight, but my hubby told me he would do it for me while I am at work!! Aw, how sweet.

No comments: