Saturday, December 2, 2006

Saturday, December 02, 2006
Why? Current mood: hungry
I haven't had morning sickness in two weeks. That is until Thursday. I got up Thursday morning feeling ok and then BAM! To the bathroom I went. I thought to myself, okay maybe this is just a fluke. I had a root canal done on Wednesday before my OB appointment and hadn't eaten a lot, so I thought maybe that was why. NOPE!
I went to Cracker Barrell on Friday morning with some friends after work. I was craving pancakes & orange juice, no big deal. After I ate, I started to not feel so good. By the time I drove home (40 minutes later), I knew it was gonna happen again so I ran to the bathroom. I slept til 4 in the afternoon, was up for about 45 minutes and it hit me again! YUCK!
Today is a new day and I keep telling myself that I am not going to be sick. The power of positive thinking? We'll see.
I have some friends and a bunch of girls at work that are pregnant, most of them being due after me. One thing that is really getting on my nerves is "I am pregnant so I can blame my mood swings, grouchiness, and complaining on that since my hormones are raging." True, hormones are raging, but to me that doesn't mean that you can't control those fits of rage. It's just an excuse. I have moments when something that normally doesn't bother me bugs the mess out of me, or I get outraged at something and want to speak my mind, but you just have to learn to control it and shut your mouth before you hurt someone or make them feel like dirt.
Being pregnant is fun! You get little gifts out of the blue that just make your day. The other day, I went to the mailbox and there was a little box inside. We opened it up and there was a present from my friend Chantal. I haven't talked to her in a while, so it was a nice surprise! She gave us an ornament from Hallmark that has 2 chickens reading a book and it says "parents to be" and then there is a book on the floor that says 2006. It is so cute! We love it. If you are reading this btw, thank you again!
Well, Steve and I are going to hang some lights on the house this morning. I am hoping that I can talk him in to going to get breakfast somewhere This afternoon, we are going to my aunts house to look at Christmas lights up there. Hopefully it will be fun!

No comments: