Friday, July 6, 2007

Friday, July 06, 2007
Friday Current mood: hungry
8 POUNDS!
That is how much Little Miss Macy Jane weighed last night. I never thought that I would be so excited over her gaining a pound of weight, but this really is a big deal. We have the right formula/breastmilk combo going, we just need the right place to give it to her.
This morning she went for her Upper Gi. According to Dr. Cabrera, she refluxed but her digestive system appears to be normal!! What does all of this mean now? She will at some point (hopefully early next week) be going to the OR to have a G-tube placed and to have a surgery called a Nissen Fundoplication. The Nissen is a procedure that basically stops her from having reflux, you can't even burp according to Dr. Joshi! The G-tube will be excellent for her long term as a source to feed her. Once all of this takes place, her face will be free!! No more tape. Her face is starting to heal from the tape that was on it with the ventilator. Eventhough she has DiGeorge and they often have feeding issues, so do heart babies. We really think that her issues are related to her heart and that she just isn't strong enough to coordinate the suck/swallow. She sucks on a pacifier like a champ though. Anyways, hopefully we will be at home within the next 2 weeks.
In other news....a freak accident happened to me yesterday. I was driving down the interstate, not a soul around me and I heard a loud bang. I thought someone had hit me and I just maybe went in to shock and didn't feel it. However, I looked up when I heard glass breaking. Something fell from the sky onto my sunroof and completely shattered my glass! What are the chances of that happening?! I was not a happy camper because that is money that I will have to shell out at a time when I am trying to avoid spending money. I called the insurance company today though, and they are sending an estimator on Monday and then I can get it fixed. Thankfully it is parked in the garage here so that it won't get wet if it rains. I pulled the shade so that if the rest of the glass falls out, it won't get all over the car.
Yesterday was a lot of fun with my mom. She treated me to a haircut and lunch at El Porton. She was going to get me a pedicure but I severely cut my ankle yesterday when I was shaving and I did not want it to burn when they did my pedicure. We both have to go to the doctor on Wednesday so I can get it done then. After being in the hospital for 4 out of the last 6 weeks, it feels nice to get out and be pampered/spoiled a bit.
Well, that's all for now. We may be able to go upstairs to a room later this afternoon. Nervous but happy about that.

No comments: