Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sunday, July 01, 2007
Sunday Current mood: ecstatic
My brother and sister-in-law came in to town on Saturday to visit MJ. They both were able to hold her eventhough she had a lot of tubes and wires everywhere. They were only able to see MJ when she was born and that consisted of seeing her in the incubator waiting to get on the elevator to be trasported to LeBonheur when she was first born. So glad that they were able to see her.
In other news and the most exciting news of all! MACY JANE IS OFF OF THE VENTILATOR!!!!!! It was actually an accident. She kind of decided that she was tired of waiting for the docs to do it so she did it herself. My sister in law was holding her and MJ coughed and started to sound differently. She called for her nurse and the nurse put her back in the bed and checked her and sure enough the little booger coughed her breathing tube out. (it was loose apparently to begin with because it was taped down solid to her face!)
Mandy came out to the waiting room where I was and had a funny look on her face and said that I might want to go in there because "some tube was out and they were putting that green bag thing on her face". I was like WHAT?!!! Me and Steve both ran back there. Sure enough she was laying flat and they were bagging her and the RT was about to retube her when the doc came in and said to just see how she does since they were going to extubate in the next few days anyways. They did a bunch of blood gases ever so often last night to make sure she was ok and she was!
She LOOKS so much better. Her poor little face has the red baby acne on it now from all of the tape that was put on her face to hold the breathing tube in. It looks pretty bad but it will be gone soon. So far her oxygen levels have been okay. They dip a little when she cries, but the difference this time is that they come back up after about 30 seconds max. Dr. Cabrera said that if she continues to do so well they will send her back upstairs tomorrow. I certainly want her to do well, but I am so nervous about her going back up there! I think I have the right to be that way though. God is in control though and he will see her through. --and us!
Well, my time is limited today. Now that she is off of the ventilator it is so much easier to hold her and of course she is awake just like she used to be so that means that she wants and needs to be held A LOT
I hope that she is in a room before July4th because my sister bought her a cute little 4th of July dress and I really want to dress her up. We may not be able to do fireworks and have a cookout, but we can still celebrate in her hospital room....somehow She will look so cute, I will have to post pictures.
Hope everyone is doing well! Thanks for the prayers.

No comments: