Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thursday, July 05, 2007
Thursday Current mood: hopeful
Finally, some progress! MJ is going to have an upper GI done tomorrow to look at her digestive system. After that, Dr. Cabrera wants her to have a G-tube placed. We did find out this morning that the doctor that does the g-tubes does not think that Macy Jane is big enough to have one placed or well enough from cardiac standpoint. Dr. Cabrera disagrees with him and we heard him telling the others that babies that are premature and twice as sick as MJ have G-tubes placed. Everyone seems to agree with Dr. Cabrera and I trust him so far. I do not want Macy Jane going home with all of the tubes etc. in her nose. She is uncomfortable and can barely breathe out of her nose. Since babies only breath through their nose and hers has 2 tubes in each nostril, it is hard! Hopefully they will hear from California and Dr. Hanley will say that it is okay for her to have the G-tube.
This morning she is doing okay. She is bundled up real tight in her zebra blanket and snoozing. They are going to have to put an iv in her for the upper gi. Thank the Lord I am leaving the hospital for a few hours today & won't have to hear her cry cry cry. Trust me, if it would help to be there in the room with her, I would be but it really doesn't. She is mad and upset no matter who is there. She is still on 1/2 liter of oxygen, but I am sure they will be able to take her off of that once all of those tubes are out of her nose. She is at risk for aspirating the contrast they have to use so Dr. Cabrera said that he is personally going to go down there with her and watch her throughout to make sure that she is ok. After that, she may be able to go back to a regular room I am nervous about that, but I must get over it because that just means that we are one step closer to going home.
Today, Steve is going to stay with MJ and I am going to get out of the hospital for a little bit. Last night Steve and I went to dinner and that is the first time I left the hospital in days. Today, I am going to get my hair cut (it hasn't been done in almost 2 months!) and get a pedicure. My feet look awful--even Steve commented on them yesterday so they must be pretty icky. I at least need a polish change!!!
I am going to put a web address on here of an article that Dr. Cabrera printed out for Steve and I. The Lord knew that we were extremely frustrated last night and that we were going to ask Dr. Cabrera A LOT of questions this morning and that we were upset about no progress/no tests. The first thing Cabrera said was about the upper GI and then handed us these articles. It brightened our day up tremendously. It is hard to understand some things they are talking about, but look at the percentages etc. The address is: http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/101/15/1826
I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for the prayers, pray for MJ in the morning that the test will go well!

No comments: