Saturday, July 21, 2007

Saturday, July 21, 2007
Saturday Current mood: contemplative
I am sitting in the ICU next to Macy Jane just trying to pass the time. She was supposed to go back upstairs yesterday, but she had an episode where her oxygen levels dropped to the 60s and her heart rate was in the 180s for a period of time. Steven and I both think that she was in pain, but we are not her nurse and are just trying to have patience. She is doing GREAT after the surgery though. We are thankful that she has not been on the ventilator and hasn't had any complications from her tummy surgery.
She also had a fever Thursday night so they drew blood cultures, but so far they have been negative. When she is swaddled with a blanket on top of her, she always gets hot really fast. If you take her temp right away, she is hot. I guess she gets that from her father She is such a fighter though and has amazed her doctor. The surgeon called me yesterday and said that he is very pleased and amazed at how well she is doing. I thank God for His blessings on her.
Last evening I was able to get out of the hospital for a little bit with my sister and my brother-in-law. They have been looking for a car for my sister for a while now and haven't had much success. She wanted a Toyota Camry and then a Nissan Murano, but couldn't find what she wanted in the color and price range. I happened to think that my grandfather retired from Ford Motor Company and that he is able to get family members a discount. We looked on the website and she found the Ford Edge. We drove over to Dobbs and she found one she liked! I am SOOOO happy for her. The Edge is a really pretty car/suv and she got a deal on it. Fully loaded car and she was able to get 4,000 dollars off thanks to my grandpa. Now, she will be able to come to Memphis any weekend that she wants because she has reliable transportation. It is amazing how things happen according to God's timing. All that has been going on has taught me one thing. To sit back and be patient because everything happens in God's timing. No matter how much we try to speed things up, we get only end up becoming frustrated when things don't happen when we want or how we want.
They just brought in a newborn preemie baby. He is so little and is struggling. I guess technically I shouldn't be watching what they are doing, but it is so interesting to me and he is right across from Macy Jane. My heart goes out to his mommy. I know what it is like to give birth after waiting for so long and then not even being at the same hospital. If you think of it, pray for this little boy and his family. MJ's nurse said he is one step away from being put on the ECMO machine......I hope he makes it.
Well, I guess I will go for now and try to update my page. It's been a while and needs a facelift. MJ may get to go upstairs today, we are waiting for the doctors to round. It is going to be a while though because everyone is working on this new baby, and rightfully so.
Oh yeah! I forgot to mention. I was able to hold Macy Jane last night until 1am. That felt so good. Another blessing is that so far we have been able to stay in our room upstairs. If they need the room then we will have to pack up and move out, but so far they haven't. We have been able to get a good night's sleep, something I haven't had in months!
Thanks for praying. It is working and please don't stop!

No comments: