Thursday, November 12, 2009

Back on Track

I will once again attempt to start blogging and hopefully this time will be the time that I actually do it for more than a couple of days!  For a while I was caught up in the facebook trap and constantly updated on there, but I am growing tired of facebook these days and realize that I spend entirely too much time on there just doing stupid stuff like quizzes etc.  I still facebook but not so much : ) This blog is intended to update close friends and family as well as any heart/DiGeorge parents and kids out there that I am friends with. 

This blog is focused on me and Macy Jane and the things that happen that I want to be able to look back and read about in a few years.  I recently went back and read the blogs from my pregnancy and MJs first year and although it brought back lots of emotions, I enjoyed reading them and seeing how far she has come! 

There have been lots of changes happening in our lives over the past several months and without going in to every personal detail, I will just just announce that after 6 years together Steve and I have filed for divorce.  We do not hate each other and it isn't an ugly, nasty, bitter divorce.  Although I hate it for my daughter's sake, it is the best thing for me to do and I am at peace with the decision.  I am thankful to God that we are able to remain on friendly terms and it is my hope that it will be easier on MJ because of that.  ( I know it won't ever be easy for her, but ya'll know what I mean) I am so thankful to God also that everything has worked out so perfectly since Steve moved out.  For the first time in a long time I am trully happy and have a new found confidence like never before and my faith in God has grown.  All of my needs have been met in every area and I'm grateful for that.  I was able to return to full time status at work and get insurance for myself.....and I have a relatively new house and car so I'm good.  : )  Most of all, Macy Jane is happy and healthy which is priority number one for me!

This week has been pretty hectic so far for us and I haven't been able to spend as much time as I would like with Macy Jane.  I picked up 2 extra shifts at work since the holidays are coming up and I am anti-credit cards now!  I do love getting out of my car after a long day and hearing her screaming at the door and pounding on it for me to pick her up.  Completely makes my day : )  Today was my only off day this week and I had the opportunity to spend it at the dentist having a root canal performed....again.  The actual procedure doesn't hurt but my mouth is soo sore right now.  I knew it was bad when he told me to take 600mg of Ibuprofen every 4 hours for several days.  I prefer to have a liver when I am older so I don't think I will take quite that much.  Unfortunately I think I have soft enamel or something because eventhough I do everything I can to not have cavities etc I still end up with them  almost every time I go in for a cleaning.  My sister and dad are the same way.  Argh!  Despite all of the teeth problems, the rest of the day was great as we spent it with my cousin Kenneth in Ripley. 

Macy Jane is doing okay.  She has been on the meds for her newly diagnosed Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome for over a month and originally I thought they were helping but last week she had a cycle that lasted for 6 days total.  If you aren't familiar with CVS please google it rather than ask me about it.  Her GI doc increased her dosage on Wednesday so I am hoping to see an improvement.  He did tell me that it will take a few months for us to see the maximum benefit of the medication.  I hope it works! 

Her development is coming along.  She has been walking since the end of spring and just recently started to run a tiny bit.  We are working with her to learn how to walk up and down stairs the proper way and to get her depth perception on target.  When she attempts things the first few times she is very fearful but it is amazing how fast she catches on.  Her speech is still pretty delayed but she is starting to say more and more words that we can understand and she signs some words that we use all of the time.  She eats orally now but it still isn't enough that I can stop bolus feeding her with the g-tube.  She will eat a couple bites of something and actually bite, chew, and swallow which is such a major step for her.  She used to gag on everything if she swallowed it.  I think she will be eating 75% orally by the age of 3.  That is my goal anyways and if she eats more that is fine with me : )  I am trying to get us on the schedule of eating 3 meals a day at the table and trying to find foods that she will taste and want more of.  Not an easy thing to do but I have to do it!  I'm so proud of her and I get the greatest joy out of seeing all of the new things she learns and does each day.  There isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't do something new. 

Well, I suppose I should end this and get in the bed.  I just found out that I am working for sure tomorrow and need my beauty sleep!  0445 comes toooo early for my liking.  Please remember a sweet baby named Ruby in your prayers.  She is a 3+ month old little girl that was born with the same exact heart defect Macy Jane had and DiGeorge.  She underwent her first open heart surgery on Monday and will be having her chest closed tomorrow.  Just lift her up in your prayers, please!  Goodnight.

1 comment:

Kerry Tylenda-Emmons said...

Thanks so much for asking people to lift Ruby up in prayers! I'm so grateful to have contact with "online friends" like you who've already been where we are going. I hope MJ's meds work better for her this time around...although I didn't read your next blog so maybe I'll find out.