Monday, November 23, 2009

The Blah's

I was watching Cake Boss on TLC and comparing the different Dyson vacuums online and lost track of what was on tv.  I heard an old familiar (annoying) voice and saw that the last episode of John & Kate Plus Eight was on and Kate was talking about the divorce etc.  When that show first came on I liked it, but after a while it became obvious that the entire family was on the verge of falling apart.  I hate divorce.  With a passion I hate it.  Yes, I do realize that I am currently going through one and am not being hypocritical at all.  I hate it for families that have children involved.  If I could make my marriage work so that Macy Jane would have a "normal" family with Mommy and Daddy under the same roof I would do it.  In a heartbeat.  It isn't me that is suffering.  I am content and will move on but my daughter will be the one that has the scars from our mistakes.  Enough of that talk : )  It is what it is and I will help her as much as she needs.  I'm just glad that what we are going through isn't all over the news and in every tabloid.  So sad for the Gosselin kids. 

A few updates about MJ:  She said "Nana" 3 times tonight.  Yay!  That is the first time for that.  She says Mama, Papa, Moe Moe but she hasn't ever said Nana or Daddy.  Now we are working on Daddy and Dee Dee (for her Aunt).  Macy Jane's speech is my main concern as far as her cognitive skills go....she can say some words and we do sign language, but she is still pretty delayed in that.  I know that she will catch up in her own time and I'm not going to force it.  : ) 

I received a call from Whitney (the manager of the CVICU at LeBonheur) last week.  She said that the employees of the CVICU were asked to nominate 10 children that were most memorable to them and Macy Jane was selected!  I received a postcard in the mail today that explains more in detail about the purpose behind the nominations:
"A new tradition is starting at LeBonheur Children's Medical Center:  Luke's Tree!  Luke's Tree is in memory of Luke Haberman, who courageously fought against Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.  We realize the strains, both emotionally and financially, that heart issues can cause.  We know that this year has been tough economically for a lot of us, especially families of heart patients.  We are looking to make this season brighter for heart children and their families" 

So thankful to the staff at LeBonheur that nominated My Girl.  When I got off of the phone I cried.  (I'm such a baby these days...sheesh)  I cried because she has been through so much and deserves all of the happiness that we can give and provide her and she is being recognized for being a fighter and for being such a strong kiddo.  I don't know what to tell them to give her for a present, I'm guessing some Wiggles movies or Elmo.  I am so thankful that I was recently able to buy MJ's Christmas presents and get that out of the way.  God has blessed me way beyond what I deserve and I am just glad I was able to get her some pretty cool presents if I do say so myself, lol.  We aren't guaranteed another day on this earth and every day whether good or bad is special to me and MJ. 

I suppose I should get my happy tail in the bed.  I haven't been feeling too groovy the past day or so, but I am hopeful that tomorrow will be better and I will get out of my funk mentally and physically.  So much to be thankful to God for this year....I'm so blessed!  Goodnight. 

No comments: