Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Wednesday Current mood: ecstatic
I am happy to report that Macy Jane is doing well! I spent the night at home last night with Steven, while my mom is staying with MJ so she is text messaging me updates.
Her tube feedings are up to 17cc/hr and she is tolerating them well! They have decreased the rate on her TPN (IV nutrition). Her cardiologist came in earlier (not Joshi, the one rounding for him) and told my mom that she looks great and that they were going to turn down her TPN even more and start weaning off her oxygen. I am absolutely ecstatic. GOD IS SO GOOD!!!! It is so amazing that He continues to show His hand on Macy Jane's life. I just know that He is going to bring her through everything, I have faith that He will.
In other good news.....her immune system. It is NORMAL!!! We got the official word this morning. She is going to be able to receive all of her immunizations as scheduled, praise the Lord! A non-functioning or low immune system is VERY common with DiGeorge Syndrome, but God has blessed MJ with a normal system. That is very important because of her HUGE risk for infection with all of the different surgeries, IVs etc. I could just sit here and cry tears of joy because finally things are going great with my little Macy Jane.
If she continues to do well and gain weight, she will go to California in late September. However, if she doesn't gain a lot of weight and isn't "thriving" they will do it at the end of August/beginning of September. Steve mailed his application to California Board of Nursing this morning, so hopefully he will have that license in time to work while we are out there so that we can pay our bills back home. (house, car, etc.) Please pray that they will process his application fast and that he will find the right job out there, or the right company to travel with.
Well, that is the update for now. I am so happy to report that things are going really well. Once MJ got on a regular schedule of pooping and not being constipated, she is much better. I hope that everyone is doing well, please continue to pray as we are not out of the woods just yet, but I can see some daylight again!!!!

No comments: