Saturday, March 17, 2007

Saturday, March 17, 2007
I wish...... Current mood:Wishful
I wish that me and Steve could go to Florida for a few days just to get away. I would love to be able to stay at a place we stayed at when we were dating called the Five Flags Inn on Pensacola Beach. It was this cheap hotel, but it had everything that we needed (bed, shower, and fridge!) and was right on the beach. The kind of place that you stayed at on the spur of the moment without a care in world. Unfortunately it was demolished by a hurricane.
I would love to be able to walk on the beach in the moonlight holding hands with my husband and talking about our future and how far we have come together/what we have been through. We used to do this when we lived down there and I miss it. I would also like to eat at this little greek restaurant and this vietnamese restaurant that were some of our fav places to go.
I know that we cannot do this right now, but I can still wish. When our lives settle down, hopefully in the next 3-6 months, maybe we can get away and relax/unwind. Some of you may be thinking that gosh they JUST went on a cruise in January why need to travel again?! Since then I feel like I have aged 20 years and that that vacation was 20 years ago.
I think my pregnancy third trimester hormones are kicking in. In fact, I know they are. I am usually a pretty independent person, but right now I get really lonely really fast. I miss my husband too!! I hate it when he is working his 6 nights in a row because we don't get to see each other, but like he says....it could be worse! We were separated for a year when he was in school in Florida and I was up here and saw each other once every month or every other month. I am thankful I See him for 5 minutes at least a day. This morning was wonderful because I was here when he got home. I was still in bed, of course, but we were able to just lay there and talk for a while. I fell back asleep with him and didn't wake up until 1pm, but that is what I wanted to do. The last three days at work wore me out and I was exhausted. I couldn't wait to sleep in. He also got up a little early so we could spend time together before he went back to work. I just get emotional more often and act more like a girl Those that know me know that isn't really the normal me!!!! Only about 9 more weeks until Macy Jane's birthday, we will make it. After that, Steve is going to be on dayshift whoo--hoo.
I am also changing my mind on how to do her room. I am thinking that I do not want to put up a chair rail after all. My new idea is to just paint the bottom portion of the wall dark pink and then put the border above that and leave the top portion the neutral color it is right now. Everything is the same, minus the chair rail. I need some opinions/advice on this if anyone wants to share. Her room would be the only bedroom with a chair rail and she may not like it as she gets older. I have a few days to decide since we aren't doing anything to the room until Saturday.
Well, I guess that's about it. I made some chicken and dumplings for supper and am just now getting hungry. At ten o'clock at night.... That's okay, I have to wash the white clothes so I can have some clean shirts for work in the morning. Until nextime......!

No comments: