Saturday, April 21, 2007

Saturday, April 21, 2007
Ancy Current mood: excited
I made the mistake of looking stuff up on the internet last night. More specifically, I looked up information about DiGeorge Syndrome. I have been keeping that in the back of my mind and focusing on the heart defects instead. I had forgotten things and reading about it put a fear back in my stomach and upset me. I found a website of a precious little boy that has DiGeorge and was reading about all that he went through and looked at all of his pictures. He is such an adorable little guy. He is doing well now, but he struggled so much in the beginning months of his life.
I guess I got upset because I realized all over again all of the "possibilities" of what could happen. Better that I get this over with now instead of getting hit with it when she is born. I also tell myself over and over that God is in control of this whole situation and He knows best and is going to protect our little girl and help me and Steve and our families through all of this.
I am getting ancy to meet her even more now. The next time the calendar says the 21st, it will be the start of the week that Macy Jane is going to be brought in to this world!! I'm sure I am starting to sound like a broken record, but I just want to be able to see her and touch her sweet little face and get to know every inch of her. LOL I feel her all of the time! I love that feeling and am going to miss those "I'm still in here" kicks. Speaking of, this morning, I was laying in bed with Steve. I was on my back and Steve always sleeps with his arm/hand on my belly. Well, a few seconds after he put his arm on me, Macy Jane went wild! It felt like she was turning over and over and rubbing her foot, butt, head or whatever right along where his arm was. I love it when he is able to feel her moving and sees my stomach bounce up and down. I want to him to be included in everything
Our second shower is today!! I am really excited about it. Sounds like there is going to be a pretty good turnout AND I get to eat mexican food---whoop whoop yay yay! I am much more relaxed about this shower than my last one. Before the last one, I got upset and even at the shower I teared up. Just mixed emotions about getting all of this stuff for a baby and all of the what if's about Macy Jane. Steve helped me get through all of that though and today I am more in the mind set of bring it on because our baby girl is going to be okay and able to enjoy all of the wonderful things people have given to her. I guess if you have never been through this situation, you don't really understand how I could ever think like that, but I tend to live in reality and face the facts head on. That also bites me in the butt sometimes too!!
Well, I am taking my camera today so hopefully I will have lots of pictures to post tonight or tomorrow. My sister in law is mailing me a cd of the pictures from my first shower this weekend so I will have those pictures to put up next week sometime.
Continue to pray for all of us. I know I repeat that all of the time, but we need it! I go back to Doctor Schneider on Wednesday for yet another ultrasound and then the Wednesday after that, we schedule our c-section. YAY. Can't wait to see how she weighs now......probably at least 6 or 6 and 1/2 pounds. Ah those chubby little cheeks hehe.
Well, it is time for me to get a shower and wake Steve up. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this awesome weather!! Bye bye now

No comments: