Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Macy Jane Wiles.....and a few other less important things :) Current mood: determined
We went back the the perinatologist's office today for our monthly check-up. Blood pressure was good, weight gain was below average--but that's ok, urine was good....and most importantly baby looks good. In fact........baby is a chubby chub As of right now, she weighs 5 lbs. 1 ounce. Her legs are still measuring longer than average for her age, and the tech again commented on how much hair Macy Jane has! She is measuring almost two weeks bigger than her actual age. Dr. Schneider assured us that with everything that is going on with her and will be when she is born, her being a big girl is actually good for her.
The only negative thing he had to say was that I have a little too much amniotic fluid. More than likely related to my blood sugar, but for the most part they have been within the ranges that the doc wants. I don't know what else I can do. I have had 3 or 4 that were a little high over the past month, but that isn't bad. I just have to be careful and take it a little easy since I am at even more risk for preterm labor now. Me taking it easy isn't exactly easy to do though.
My job can be demanding at times and physically hard. Thankfully, over the past 2 weeks I have been blessed with semi-easy patients that weren't gigantic in size. I am just going to have to learn to say no when I start to feel bad at work. For the most part though, I feel great at work. Work is work........who ever feels 100%?! I am
We did find out that Macy Jane will definately be delivered at 39 weeks. That means sometime during the week of May 20th she will be here!! However, we will see Dr. Joshi in 2 weeks to find out WHERE she will be delivered. I don't really care about that part of it. It is a huge part of it, but wherever she is going to get the best care is fine with me, even if it is in China!
Also, I thought I went to the doctor a lot before, but it isn't going to get any better. After this week, I will be seeing a doctor every week sometimes twice a week up until delivery day. The purpose of it is to do a biophysical profile each week to make sure that baby is still "liking" her environment and her environment is liking her. Basically, they are checking 8 different types of things each time. Some things include: is she practicing breathing (which she was today), her bone measurements, stomach measurements, bladder, kidneys, head, heart rate/size of heart, and I don't remember the other ones. I do not mind going, it gives me a peace of mind knowing that everything is okay.
My brother and his wife were in town this past weekend. I didn't get to see them much because I was working, but they bought MJ some more outfits. One is a pink and white checked t-shirt material dress with little pink strawberries on it and the others are really cute long sleeved onesies with matching pants and bibs. One has a frog on it that says kiss me and says that on the butt of the pants too and the other is daisy with polka dots. All VERY cute. A girl at work got her a pink outfit that has a blue fish on it with a matching hair bow--very cute too and now we know she is gonna need that hair bow!!!
Steven and my parents are going to pick up her furniture tomorrow while I am at work!! I can't wait to see it in her room. Hopefully this weekend I will have time to finish decorating and take some pics of everything. I am still looking for a rocking chair to put in there. I haven't decided if I want a glider rocker or if I want to get a traditional wood rocker and have some cushions made for it so that I could eventually put it some where else in the house.
Saturday we are going to the Redbirds game with some friends from work. I have been telling Steve for weeks now that I can't wait for baseball season to start up. I hoped that I would get to see a few games before someone's birthday!! I hope it is fun.
Well, it is bedtime. I have to work tomorrow, then I am off for a few days, thankfully. I am kind of tired these days.....go figure. I can't complain though, other than getting sleepy, I feel great! Until next time----bye bye now!

No comments: