Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sunday, December 23, 2007
Ugh! Current mood: irritated
Some people just get on my everlasting nerve. Why is it that so many people now-a-days are just plain rude? You help them with something or do something for them and do not even get a thank-you or acknowledgement that you did something. It seems to happen a lot around this time of year. I am not saying that you should expect to be hailed queen because you did something for someone, but it is just polite to at least say thank-you. I know that it is pointless to get irritated about this because it is just human nature, but I am getting really sick of self-centered, whoa is me, let's have a pitty party all of the time people.
Me and one of my friends were talking the other day about having multiple children and jealousy of the oldest with the younger kids etc. I realized today what a problem that is with my cousin that is 7. His parents are divorced and remarried and his step-mom and his real mom are pregnant and due 4 days apart. His mom already has another 1 year old and my cousin is pretty much neglected because of the one year old and all of the attention on "the baby". His mom does not realize what an effect it has on the poor kid. They don't outright tell him he's not special etc., they just dote on his brother ALL of the time and make little comments that hurt his feelings. There are some of my friends that do that as well with their children with or without realizing it. I don't know what it is like to have more than one child, so therefore I am not an expert. I only base my thoughts off of what I have seen. However, I do know that it is important to make each child that you have feel just as special and equal as any of your other children. Be careful not to single one child out as the favorite or your pride and joy. I am not really sure why this bugs me so much....perhaps because I see it happening a lot these days with some of my friends and they have their blinders on and do not see anything wrong with what is going on. Oh-well....just another ranting.
We had our giant family Christmas party today. Overall it was very good and fun. I hate the cleanup afterwards though! It seems like I spend most of my days cleaning the house and trying to keep everything in order, on top of taking care of Macy Jane. I know....boo-hoo right? It's just that before I didnt care if the dishes were in the sink overnight or I would postpone vacuuming etc. However, something in my head has changed and I can't stand to leave something undone and not do it before I go to bed. I really like starting each new day with a clean kitchen and house. My sister is probably having a heart attack right now, lol. She and my mom have ALWAYS been neat freaks and I was more of the laid back do it when I felt like it type. However, having a baby has changed me and I am trying to be a good example for her so that she will grow up knowing how to keep a clean house etc. It is so much better feeling when my unannounced visitors show up and I don't have to scramble to put things up!
Anyways, today has been one of MJ's throwing up multiple times a day, day. She had about 4 days where she only threw up once a day if that.....I really think that crowds make her nervous and upset her stomach. Whenever I take her out in public or have lots of people over, she seems to throw up more. Perhaps it is because she is not used to lots of people being around her at once. Who knows? Hopefully she will sleep tonight!
Speaking of sleep.....I am dead dog tired tonight. I hope everyone is doing okay and that your Christmas shopping is done!!!
Much Love
BW

No comments: