Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Thursday, December 13, 2007
Happy Birthday to Me! Current mood: touched
With all of the expenses and events over the past 6 and 1/2 months (really the whole year......), Steve and I decided that we were not going to get each other presents for our birthdays (only one month apart). I woke up this morning and had 2 cards waiting for me in the kitchen. One was a sweet card from Steven, the other was a card from my Macy Jane. Inside MJs card was a gift card to the New Balance Store and the note inside said for me not to be mad at daddy because the gift card was from Macy Jane, not him. Haha....that was cute. He broke the rules, but apparently the money magically appeared from our money tree (why can't I get it to grow like that?!) that I thought had died a long time ago. It's ok....I really need a new pair of tennis shoes as my other NB's have seen better days.
I was expecting a pretty low key day spent going to lunch (you know it was El Porton, don't even ask!) with my mom, taking MJ to get her Santa pictures, and then going to Target to get the rest of MJs presents from me and Steve. Well, mom ended up showing up about 3 hours late because she was running all over town getting things for my birthday.......even though she wasn't supposed to. Anyways, she showed up at my house with a beautiful bouquet of flowers that also had a Christmas touch to them, a mint chocolate chip icecream birthday cake, a card with some cash in it (always a good thing!!!), and she took me to Macy's and forced me to pick out the purse I saw in California, but swore I would never buy because of the $. (the purse was now on sale big time!!!--yay!). Also, me, my sis, mom, and sister-in-law are having a girls day out on Saturday and they are taking me to get a makeover at Clinique complete with new makeup. (I desperately need that......I am pretty much scraping the containers of what I have to make it to Saturday!!!)
It really was like Christmas for me! I was expecting nothing, but my husband, daughter, and family are so incredibly awesome and went above and beyond what they should have. I still think that I have the best present asleep next to me, in the form of a tiny little girl dressed in a lilac sleeper all stretched out without a care in the world.
This past year really has been the hardest year of my life stress wise. I know that there is much more stress to go through in the future, but I am seriously hoping that this coming year is a smooth one for all of us. We so very badly need a break from all that has been going on and time just to enjoy being at home and being a family. My one wish for the coming year is to be able to go to Florida for our annual week long vacation laying around on the beach or at the condo. I really hope that we are able to go! We shall see.
On a brighter note......I rented some baby scales today from the hospital. I was simply worrying about her weight way too much, to the point where I was getting down about it. I plopped her skinny little butt on them and it actually said 12 pounds! I was completely shocked. She has NEVER weighed that in her life and has actually gained 9 ounces over the past 11 days. Not too shabby considering she goes through about 4 outfits and 5 hand towels a day puking! Of course.....all of the rice cereal that I am adding to her feedings may have something to do with it. I am praying that the next 24 hours I can keep her from throwing up so that she will have gained a few more ounces. Technically, a normal baby would gain about an ouce a day so she is off just a little bit. I don't think it is enough that he would put her in the hospital though. I am praying and keeping my fingers crossed.
Part of the reason that I am up so late each night is so that I can listen and watch for signs that she is refluxing. She makes this face in her sleep like she has eaten a sour lemon and then she will cough and then puke. This usually gives me enough time to get the syringe and remove what is in her stomach before she can puke it up, or place something under her chin to catch her milk so I can give it back to her. (I know it sounds gross, but it is just milk and she can't afford to lose any) Also, while at the hospital boutique today, I saw something called The Moby. This this was what I believe a direct gift from God I had just told my mom the day before that I was going to look at target for an infant carrier that I could strap on and keep MJ upright for most of the day and still be able to have my hands free so I could do things around the house easier. Well, in the boutique I saw the Moby just as I was walking out. If you haven't heard of it, look it up online and if you have baby's....go and get yourself one! I tried it and it is absolutely wonderful. It is 100% cotton and extremely comfortable, not only for me but for MJ. It was pretty cheap also......$35. I am going to start using that tomorrow and hopefully that will help lessen MJs reflux.
Well, I am going to upload some recent pictures on here....finally. I hope everyone is doing well!!!!!

No comments: