Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday, June 22, 2007
Insurance Current mood: aggravated
Just killing time while we are here. MJ's test was cancelled this morning because they saw why she was throwing up on the swallow test.....reflux. She did great all night eating and keeping it down, but she threw up at 6 and 9 this am, during her feeding--which is a new thing but still related to the reflux. I fed her at 12 and 3 and she did great and my mom is upstairs feeding her now. I had to get out of the room for a bit. Steve went home this afternoon as he has to work saturday and sunday and I just needed a small break.
I have something that I am going to vent about that is strictly my personal opinion. I know that some people will see differently than I do and this may even offend people, but that is why we live in America and have the freedom to say what we want.
The issue is people that have the ability to work and choose not to and instead of getting a job with insurance they rely on the good ole government to take care of themselves & their kids. This ticks me off royally these days. I have had family and friends that do/did this. People say that they can have a house full of kids not work and not have any insurance because "God will provide our needs" and they know they can get medicaid/medicare/tenncare. I agree that God can meet needs, but part of that is you getting a job and supporting your family so that you don't have to rely on handouts from people all of the time. God wants us to have children etc, but I firmly believe that he expects you to be able to support them. If you want to be a stay at home mom or dad that is fine--but you need to be able to afford it. Perfectly healthy people are sitting at home and relying way too much on the government for help. I am sick and tired of money from my paycheck going to support some person that has the ability to work and support a family but does not.
All of this is bugging me more and more because of Macy Jane. Right now she is covered under private insurance through our jobs at Baptist, but when that insurance policy reaches its maximum lifetime amount, what are we going to do? We have people checking in to things and advising us on the steps to take, but one of the options is Tenncare. However, it will probably not be an easy thing to get her on it because Steve and I have good paying jobs and there are too many free loaders out there taking up the benefits. Honestly, we are considering one of us working for Methodist so that we can get insurance through them once the Baptist policy runs out. I do not want to rely on the government, but sometimes there are no other options when you have a sick child. To me government programs should be for children that are sick that do not qualify for private insurance and for people that are trully disabled and cannot work, and also children born to parents that have the mentality that they don't have to work because it is God's will that they stay at home. Once they are able to get a job with insurance then they need to be released from government aid.
I just do not get where people think that it is okay to not work but yet they cannot pay their bills on time or at all and end up filing bankruptcy and living off of Uncle Sam. Yet, it is God's will for them and God will provide. I am sorry but as Christians we are supposed to be good stewards of our money, according to the Bible. You tell me how you sitting on your butt at home with a mountain of debt accumulating, filing for bankruptcy, and relying on the goverment is God's will and being good stewards of your money??? It isn't. Get a freaking job and take care of your needs without relying on every person to help you, like we owe it to you.
Sorry, that has just been eating away at me for some time and driving me nuts how people justify things. Don't get me wrong, I would love to stay at home with Macy Jane every day and work maybe one day a week, but that simply isn't possible. If my husband were rich and could support us that would be great, but that isn't the case.
Well, that's enough. Please pray that we will make the right decisions concerning MJ and her insurance. You may be thinking that it is too early to worry about that, but it isn't. Insurance money runs out quickly when you have a sick little one. It would be nice to be able to go and get her on Tenncare by walking in to an office and proving why she needs it, but that isn't how it works thanks to freeloaders. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

No comments: