Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday, June 29, 2007
Friday Current mood: annoyed
You know what is sad? The fact that I have to move the mouse to where the time shows on the computer to find out what day of the week that it is.
I do not have alot of new information as of yet. I cannot wait for 7pm to get here though because MJs nurse today has been really rude and hostile to me and my mom today. I do not understand it and am not going to say anything about the things he has said/done because it just upsets me. I will say that he does not have a caring spirit about him (perhaps because he is a male nurse taking care of a baby?) and me or mom will be sitting back there with MJ all day because she isn't getting any TLC from this guy. She is 5 weeks old and she is waking up more and more today and she needs to have some human interaction from people she knows and loves her. Don't ever tell me not to stimulate my child, especially when I can see that she is crying (eventhough you can't hear it). If I see that she is upset then by golly I am going to hold her hand. If that is overstimulation in your opinion then GET OVER IT because she needs to know that her mom and nana are there for her. Just pray that the hours pass by!
It is amazing how I can see Satan sending stuff our way trying to discourage us, today I guess it is the nurse. I am not going to let it get me down, I will continue doing what I have done since Tuesday and we continue to have problems I will talk with the nurse in charge.
Now, how is MJ today? According to Dr. Cabrera-they are changing some ventilator settings to one that allows MJ to initiate the breath--then the vent will give her support. When she has been waking up she has been so agitated and working against the ventilator that it is doing more harm than good. Sor far she is doing well with the new settings and they are slowly going back down on her sedation. Also, I asked Dr. Cabrera when we were going to test her immune system and see how much of one she has and he said that they would draw blood today to evaluate that and that it could have already been done! This will give us some clue as to how well she can fight infection and exactly what she will need when she does get an infection. So, not a bad update today.
There is a nurse here that I guess worked with Dr. Hanley (California doc) or worked where he works or something and she was going to talk to me to let me know what it was like out there. Mom is back with MJ so that I could pump and check email and she was trying to text me about it but I didn't understand completely what she was saying. That would be awesome to know what its like and what kind of accomodations that they have for parents/grandparents etc.
People have been asking how they can help Steve and I and we have been thinking and praying about it. We have come up with some ideas and I will blog about that in a separate blog once I know more. I will say that while we are in Memphis, just a visit would be nice. My parents are here and help provide meals and snacks so we are covered there. It really is nice to have visitors come and see us because it helps to take our minds off of everything and as an added bonus, you can go back to see MJ for a few minutes if you come We will really need help and support when we go to California, but like I said we are still talking about that and I will let you know more later.
Well, I need to go take my milk to MJs nurse and see her and get some lunch. I am absolutely starving! Hope everyone is doing well.
P.S. please remember to keep my friend Micah in your prayers too-she is going through a hard time right now and could use your prayers, also her nephew is really sick right now (only a couple of months old) with an ear infection and UTI. Thanks

No comments: