Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday, June 28, 2007
Clarification Current mood: confused
This is just a clarification of the information that is circulating where I work I hope that I have not given the impression that nothing can be done for Macy Jane now. If I have, I am sorry. I have so many things on my mind that I may have painted that picture without even realizing it. I will try to paint a different picture now.
At this point, after my conversation with Dr. Cabrera this is the latest. According to Dr. Cabrera, Macy Jane should recover from this bump in the road. He thinks that aspiration is the cause of this episode, even though she does not show any signs of it besides her sats dropping. That is a good thing thing however because she does not have a fever etc that goes along with pneumonia.
Regarding her surgery. The information was sent Tuesday morning via FedEx to Dr. Frank Hanley at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California. Dr. Hanley has weekly conferences with staff to review the cases that are sent to him. He will decide what he can do and when he wants to do it, IF he can do anything. Dr. Cabrera thinks that Dr. Hanley will be able to do something, but she needs to be older and bigger. As in 4-6 months and she needs to weigh at least 11 pounds. A few days ago, it was a possibility that her heart was getting worse and that she may need surgery sooner than later, but as of right now Dr. Cabrera thinks that this is not heart related.
We have not given up hope for Macy Jane. At this point, surgery IS STILL AN OPTION. If Dr. Hanley says he can't do it then our options are only attempting to find a surgeon that can or will if we even decide to do that. We trust Dr. Hanley though because of his reputation and the fact that he is the inventor and expert in this surgery and if he thinks nothing can be done then odds are nothing can be done.
Once again, I didn't mean to freak anyone out or paint the wrong picture. Our options are few, but we still have them. I appreciate the prayers, continue to pray!!!

No comments: