Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday, September 22, 2007
Friday Current mood: content
Macy Jane is doing well. I am in a much better mood. Life is good. Macy Jane finally got her PICC line today, but as a result of having to be paralyzed and sedated, they are waiting until Saturday morning to extubate her. That is fine with me, whatever is in her best interest.
Last night I finally found a quiet place to sleep on a couch and it was 20 degrees cooler on the 3rd floor than the 2nd so it worked out well. I went to the hotel around 1 this afternoon or excuse me the Ronald McDonald House, and slept til 7pm. I would have slept longer but I had a date with my hubby and my mom to go eat Vietnamese food. It was soo yummy. I dropped them off at the RMH, after stopping at Starbucks to get my daily fix, and came to the hospital. When I started talking to MJ she opened her eyes some and started wiggling, in a good way. Not agitated this time! I gave her a bath and washed her hair and she went right to sleep without having to have any extra medication! She is sooooo cute. I love her to death. How many times am I going to say that, right?!
Today they took out her last chest tube. She just has the pacing wires in now, but those should come out in the next few days. Tomorrow I get to hold her after they extubate her. I am super duper excited. It's been over a week since I was able to hold her. Seems like it has been 2 months!! She threw up all over her boppy so my mom went and bought her a new one before surgery so she has a brand spankin new one to cuddle in.
I am curious how much weight she has lost. Her cheekies are a lot smaller to me than they were, but after tomorrow morning she should be able to be back on track with her continuous feedings. Also, they are going to get OT to see her and evaluate feeding her by mouth hopefully. I cannot wait for this as they are supposedly some of the best in the nation since they specialize in children with heart defects and difficulty eating. I long for the day that I can give her a bottle!! Another bright note, on Tuesday they will be placing a Mickey Button to replace her g-tube! This means that it will almost be flat against her skin and I will be able to put gowns on her and normal clothes without having to worry about anything! I cannot wait. They do that part a little faster out here so we are taking advantage of it while we can.
Well, it is almost 1 am and I need to get some sleep on my ultra comfy and cushy couch......do you hear the sarcasm dripping in my voice?! Hey, it is better than sleeping on the street I guess, right? Tomorrow is going to be a busy, much anticipated day. Once she is off the vent she should go to a regular room in a few days and then after about a week GO HOME! Or at least back to Memphrica.
I hope all is well in your world. I will try to update tomorrow as to how MJ is doing after getting off of the breathing machine. It is amazing to me how much of a fighter that she is. Thank God for that red hair

No comments: