Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday, April 06, 2008
Let’s Grow Up, Shall We? Current mood: bitchy
I am a Memphian and of course I will cheer for the Tigers. I am a Tennessean also and will cheer for the Lady Vols and have for years. Tonight, I updated my mood and said that I was tired of cocky Memphis fans & that I was forgetting about the Tigers for a minute and how about them Lady Vols?! Some person, who shall remain nameless, updated their mood and put that jealous SEC fans who rely on a women’s team are worthless. I thought nothing about it until the same person updated again that they deserve to be cocky because they have been on the bandwagon for over 20 years.
I mean, seriously. Do you have to be SO defensive? I wasn’t even thinking about this person when I updated my mood. Everyone is entitled to support the teams that they like and as a female, that has been supporting the LADY vols for a number of years, it is my right to be happy that they won their game tonight because it went down to the wire. It doesn’t make me jealous of the Tigers because I support a women’s basketball team. I happen to support a team that has been to the championship seven times in recent years, who gives a crap that it is a woman’s team. I am female and love to watch women’s sports. It doesn’t always have to be about the guys.
For someone to make that statement about being a jealous fan and being worthless because I "have" to cheer for a WOMAN’s team to support a school is absolutely rediculous. Last time I checked, it is America and we have the right to support any team that we want, male or female. The way I see it, I am a double winner because hopefully my Lady Vols are going to win on Tuesday night and maybe the Tigers will win tomorrow night. It is my choice to support a woman’s team and appreciate smart a$% comments to be kept to yourself.

No comments: