Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wednesday, April 30, 2008
California Current mood: ecstatic
I just got off the phone with an advisor in California and got the long awaited answer on our financial assistance application. Let me back up and explain what happened to make us apply for that.
The physician bills for September '07 were not paid by our former insurance company when they should have been so we were left with $60,000 in unpaid bills. Thankfully, MediCal (a program she was on in CA since she was in the hospital 30+ days out there) paid for all but $15,000 +. We got a bill a few weeks ago asking for payment in full by April 15th. I laughed and then cried my heart out when I got the bill.
However, because the average income in CA is quite a bit higher than in TN for a family of 3, we qualified for 100% assistance, by the grace of God!! If I had returned to work any sooner, we would not have qualified!!! So as of today, we owe California ZERO dollards, praise the Lord!!!
This couldn't come at a better time. I went to Baptist yesterday and filled out an application to get my old job back and will hopefully start next week or the week after. I also found out I will be making more money than when I left, always a good thing God has been SO good to us, I am just in awe.
Thanks to those that have been praying for us during all of this. It has been quite stressful getting these bills in the mail each week and wondering how we would pay for them. God is in control and even though we are in the upper middle class, according to the stupid government, we didn't have to work the system (aka get a divorce and go on Tenncare) in order to pay our bills. I am So thankful that we didnt have to do that! (no offense to those parents with chronically ill children that did have to get a divorce just so they could have health care coverage for the child) It is sad that it has come to that in America, but it has.
Anyways, I am off to play with my baby girl who is trying so dang hard to crawl, it is hilarious to watch!!!
Much Love,
Bethany

No comments: