Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Just Another Terrific Tuesday! Current mood: blissful
Notice my colors tonight?! For those of you who do not follow college sports, these colors are the colors of the Tennessee Lady Volunteers. They won their 8th National Championship tonight and played an OUTSTANDING basketball game. Pat Summit is without a doubt, THE all time best coach in both men’s and women’s college basketball. She has a way of motivating her players like no other coach can, yet she loves them like they were her own kids. Since I was a kid I have been a supporter of the Lady Vols along with my sister and my dad and I must say that it never gets old seeing them win. When you are the best, that is just what you do I love it when people say that I don’t know what I am talking about when it comes to basketball. I have been watching it since I was a kid and played on my high school team from 7-12th grade, yet I don’t know what I am talking about. It just makes me chuckle to myself.
Alrighty, my eyes are hurting now. Today has been such a great day! I love it when it is warm and sunny outside. I had the first part of the day all to myself, since my mom came up and watched MJ for me. I went to my cake decorating class for 2 hours, and I absolutely loved it. I can’t wait until next week! Afterwards, I treated myself to Starbuck’s and had a Chai Tea Latte, which is one of the few things that I can have from there on Weight Watchers. Speaking of weight watchers, I have now put away yet another size of clothing to be sold in our rummage sale. I am not keeping any of my former sizes (except for one pair of jeans in their biggest size for comparison later on), because in the back of my mind they are there and if I ever starting gaining weight back it would be a lot easier to stop myself knowing that I would have to buy a whole new wardrobe. I am so thrilled with my progress so far and can’t wait to meet my goal of 133.8 pounds forever gone in February ’09. I am almost 1/3 of the way there, I think I can, I think I can, I KNOW I can
I spent the rest of the afternoon entertaining MJ and making up batches of buttercream icing (boy I am thankful for a Kitchen Aid Professional Mixer!). I also attempted baking, splitting in half, leveling, and icing (smooth icing) my first cake. (first time the correct way anyhow!!) Tomorrow I am going to attempt to decorate the cake, if time allows. We weren’t taught that today, but since I made a cake I am going to practice on it, then send it to my parents house because that cake and icing is SO not weight friendly.
The rest of this week is going to be so busy! Tomorrow, my friend Chris and his wife are headed to the hospital so that she can be induced to have Gray and Ada. I am SO happy for them. They have been trying to have children for many many years and this was their last attempt (2nd IVF) and they are blessed with TWINS. Congrats to them. Thursday, Steve and I both have doctor’s appointments, then I am going out with a friend to see the twins. After all that, Steve and I are planning to have sushi at Sekisui Friday, I have a meeting with the Early Intervention lady in the am to set up the days that MJ will have therapy, then it is off to the pediatrician for a well baby checkup. Busy week, but it beats sitting at home!!!
Well, it is after 11 and I am pooped tonight. I didn’t sleep well last night. MJ had a tummy ache and her stomach muscles were so dang tight. I massaged her and patted her, hopefully tonight will be better. I hope everyone is doing well
Much Love,
Bethany

No comments: