Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursday, April 10, 2008
Wonderful Wednesday Current mood: confident
Happy Wednesday ya’ll! It actually turned out to be a pretty day here in good ole Brighton. Macy Jane was tired of playing with all of her inside toys and just had that cabin fever look about her, so I put her in the stroller and went for a little mommy-daughter walk. I have realized that this cutie patootie loves to be outdoors! She just laughed and cooed/babbled to her heart’s content. There were lots of birds out and she had the best time watching them and listening to their noises. Her eyes would get really big then she would have the biggest grin She is too precious.
Yesterday, she was in her high chair while I made some icing. I gave her 5 or 6 toys to play with and the stinker threw every one of them in the floor, repeatedly. After a few times of picking them up, I had had enough and popped her hand when she did it and scolded her. She looked up at me like what are YOU doing crazy woman, then her eyes lit up and she gave me the biggest "I am so cute you aren’t going to spank me" grin. I melted and tried so hard not to laugh because I know how important discipline is. Alas, I bit my lip and that didn’t help and I just busted out laughing. Maybe another day when she just isn’t so cute
She ended up falling asleep in her stroller today so I went through the garage to our back porch and parked the stroller. I laid in the hammock and read my book for a long time and that was so nice. I look forward to my "me" time each day. Some days I do not get it, but here lately Steve has been so great about helping me around the house when he gets off work that I actually have a little time to myself, like right now.
I looked to my left a few minutes ago and saw something that said "Season of Thanks". It made me think about a few things in my life that I am so thankful for. It seems that through all of things that have happened in my life recently that I am thankful every single day and have learned that life is short and to cherish every single minute. There have been a few of my "so called myspace friends" in the past few days, weeks and months that have done everything that they could to make me mad, annoy me, or just plain old try to out do me in some things. One person in particular went as far as to copy many of the things that I say and/or do, she would blog about the same things etc. It dawned on me today how immature and insecure these people are and they just are NOT worth my time and energy. I have too many true friends and my awesome family and these few people that intentionally do things to hurt, anger, annoy etc. are no longer going to get to me. I will be the better person and rise up from the muck!
Now, on to more pleasant things.....like my cake! My first cake is officially done and it looks ok. I have lots of room for improvement, what beginner doesn’t?! However, it doesn’t look as bad as I thought it would. I made some pictures of it and one day I will probably look back at it and say what an awful cake it is Oh-well, today though, it made me smile to know that I accomplished it all by myself.
Well, Steve is in bed reading and I would like to be in bed by midnight so I need to go and clean the kitchen up. FUN! Tomorrow is weigh-in day. Last week stunk....I only lost 0.6 pounds. That week, I was not in the mood to eat and I went to bed every night with an average of 10 points left. I now know that I HAVE to eat slightly below, at, or slightly above my target daily points in order to keep my metabolism going in high great. My fingers are crossed, I am hoping for 3-5 pounds.....to make up for last week and this week. We shall see.
Thanks for tuning in tonight. To my sister, thanks for the blog comment last night...you hit the nail on the head and I like it when you leave me comments, hint hint
Much Love,
Betania

No comments: